group 24 battery question

Old 11-05-06, 05:36 PM
group 24 battery question

I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe that has an OEM battery of 24FH 600 CCA, I want to replace it with a walmart everlast 24F-3N (this is the only group 24 they sell and was highly rated in consumer reports) but I don't know what the differences is between the two or what the H stands for, I know the N stands for North but I don't know what the 3 stands for, I assume that as long as the battery fits and is at least 600 cca it should work shouldn't it? Any input is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-06, 03:09 PM
Well I found the difference in the group 24 batteries and why the one for the Santa Fe is 40.00 more, the terminals are reversed on the Santa Fe, that is the only difference. If I could stretch the cables enough I could save 40.00 but I don't think they will move that much.

Old 11-06-06, 03:37 PM
I just went out and looked and I think there is enough room to reverse the cables so if the cables reach and the battery is the same size and the same or more cca is there any reason I can't
use a battery with reversed terminals?

Old 11-06-06, 05:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
As long as you got pos going to pos, and neg to neg, you will be fine. Get er done