Bulb Replacement

Old 11-06-06, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bulb Replacement

I have a Volvo í01 V70-XC. The message panel says that the front turn signal is out (passenger side). I can just barely see where the signal bulb enters the reflector. Is there a specific way to gain access to replace the bulb? Does anyone have a service manual which addresses this problem? Do I need to remove the windshield washer reservoir? I really hate to think of taking it to my Volvo dealer for just a bulb change, but I just donít see any way to get my hand to the clip to remove the bulb holder (much less reinstalling it). Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-06, 03:06 PM
J
Check your owners manual, that will likely tell you how.

Old 11-06-06, 03:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
"Just Bill Check your owners manual, that will likely tell you how. "

I'm thinking he/she already looked at that.

Most of these lights are access from inside the engine bay. Sometimes you may have to move something to get to it, but, the bulb socket should just twist out of the housing.

Old 11-07-06, 05:14 AM
Judging by my owners' manual, I think that the company assumes that Volvo owners are unable to do anything related to maintenance other than driving to the dealership. (The manual does not even tell how to check the transmission fluid level.)

Old 11-07-06, 02:52 PM
J
I apoligize, I did not know that there were such outfits still around. Unfortunately, if the owners manual does not tell you how th change a light bulb, it may be necessary to purchase a basic service manual from a local auto parts store..........or take it to the dealer, which will charge you $129 to change a light bulb.