Riviera Blower Motor

Reply

  #1  
Old 11-13-06, 11:45 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5
Riviera Blower Motor

I have a 1995 riviera, the blower motor for the ac and heat only works part time. With the AC I can get it to come on more than I can with the heat. It has automaic heat and ac controls or you can choose manual contorl, it does not seem to matter which one I choose it still doen't work. I was thinking about just adding a after market fan switch, i located the fan and it has two wires going to it, one black and one purple, any ideas on how to wire a fan switch in or Ideas on fixing the problem.
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-13-06, 03:18 PM
HotxxxxxxxOKC's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 8,044
Does the fan work normally when you are in the defrost mode?
 
  #3  
Old 11-13-06, 11:56 PM
Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 361
Smile

Originally Posted by terryl117
I have a 1995 riviera, the blower motor for the ac and heat only works part time. With the AC I can get it to come on more than I can with the heat. It has automaic heat and ac controls or you can choose manual contorl, it does not seem to matter which one I choose it still doen't work. I was thinking about just adding a after market fan switch, i located the fan and it has two wires going to it, one black and one purple, any ideas on how to wire a fan switch in or Ideas on fixing the problem.
Change fan motor relay on fire wall.
 
  #4  
Old 11-14-06, 04:30 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by HotinOKC
Does the fan work normally when you are in the defrost mode?

It work just a little, it will keep the windsheild clear at highway speeds
 
  #5  
Old 11-14-06, 04:34 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by our442
Change fan motor relay on fire wall.

Will the relay cause it to work part time? I thought if the relay went out it would just quit working all together, but if the relay can cause it to work part time I will replace it.

Thanks
Terry
 
  #6  
Old 11-16-06, 11:30 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by our442
Change fan motor relay on fire wall.
Ok i got a new relay but I can not find it anywhere. I've looked on the firewall and under the hood, looked under the back seat where the battery is and under the dash where the blower motor is, Anyone have any idea where it is?

Thanks
 
  #7  
Old 11-16-06, 03:25 PM
HotxxxxxxxOKC's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 8,044
It may be the mixing valve attached to the airvalve. Can you hear the fan speed up with change of the dial but nothing more out the vents?
 
  #8  
Old 11-17-06, 10:49 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by HotinOKC
It may be the mixing valve attached to the airvalve. Can you hear the fan speed up with change of the dial but nothing more out the vents?

No I can't hear anything, have any idea where the blower relay is?
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes