mercury grand marqui have to let sit

Old 11-14-06, 11:38 AM
mercury grand marqui have to let sit

just bough a mercury grand marqui 96 for 1300 but when i start it i have to let it sit and run before i can drive it each day otherwise it just wont go it chuggs. if i let it run it has fine pick up i am not sure how long this car will last and what could the problem be

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-06, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by candyandcake
just bough a mercury grand marqui 96 for 1300 but when i start it i have to let it sit and run before i can drive it each day otherwise it just wont go it chuggs. if i let it run it has fine pick up i am not sure how long this car will last and what could the problem be
Tune up time,Plus all filters.

Old 11-14-06, 03:28 PM
Poor running when cold can be a number of things. But a good place to start, especially if the car has been sitting for a while, is a new fuel filter and drain the gas tank of old fuel. Add some fuel system cleaner with the new gas. If there is a difference, replace the fuel filter again, shortly. If that does not help, there is likely a problem with the cold start circuit of the fuel injection. Are there any dash lights lit, check engine, etc.,??

Old 11-15-06, 04:52 AM
I'd be checking the coolant temp sensor and the manifold air temp sensor.........If the computer THINKS the engine is warm, it'll dose fuel in accordingly........

Search this Thread