94 ford eurostar,missing at startup

Old 11-17-06, 04:03 PM
Wink 94 ford eurostar,missing at startup

my van misses on cold startup ive changed a bunch of things and had freinds with other shops look at it but we cant figure this one out, it was runing fine and runs great when warmed up, but it misses and trys to die out when its at cold idle tryed the easy stuff . cleaning the throttle plates out, water sending unit for computer idle air control etc. if you need info please leave and i will get it for you. p.s. its a 3.0

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-06, 04:54 PM
if it has a distributer would be checking the cap ,rotor, wires and coil, check the cap for moisture inside after the vehicle has been setting overnight, check the wires for corrosion at coil terminals and cap terminals use an ohmeter to check there resistance or if they are original would probably just replace them.
a weak coil can cause problems only noticed on a cold engine also.

Old 11-17-06, 06:25 PM
Talking

I put all that, Plugs ,Cap, Rotor ,Wires to i think ,On new not to long ago. Whats weird about the cap maybe being wet is that even if you drive it 100 miles. Shut it off and let it cool down(say 2 hours or so) when you start it up. It does it again till it gets warm and runs perfect. I havent changed the o/2 senser on it yet. What else,,, Hmmmm.

Ive reset the computer about 10 times and no change.(drivin it after reset also to let compter relearn curve etc.) It has a new engine in it ,i think about 7000 miles on it. Just backed outa the drive way one day and it started doing this... Ive talked to a lot of people and i worked in a shop for last 10 years and still cant fix it.. its a problem child...Always has been...If you have one of these mini vans.. Dont get it wet,,Dont feed it after midnight.. And Destroy it now before it breeds..hahaha..

Old 11-17-06, 08:26 PM
is it just an idle problem meaning that it will start right up and run ok if you are giving it gas but tries to die if allowed to set and idle?

Search this Thread