HELP ABS light wont turn off & AC wont work!!! 1996 Cirrus

Old 11-17-06, 05:50 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP ABS light wont turn off & AC wont work!!! 1996 Cirrus

I have a 1996 chrysler cirrus...we took the car in to get the abs looked at because the light was on....we had the brakes fixed but the light never turned off...the car runs great but the light is always on- i heard you can somehow get it scanned to find out whats wrong- how do i go about doing that? and is it expensive??
also, the ac was working fine then all the sudden it stopped getting really cold.... we had the freon toped up but it still doesnt work, someone suggest maybe a blockage but we dont know how to go about fixing it with out spending tons of money!
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-06, 08:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm not sure if a OBD II scanner could read the ABS light or not. I think it's a scanner the dealer has. If you did replace was was orginally wrong, then you can have the light reset by this scanner. It may also go away if you disconnect your battery for a few hours to reset the ECU.

Regarding the A/C:

Could be a few things wrong here.

1. A leak

2. Bad compressor/condensor

3. Bad evaporator

Only suggestions is to go get dye put in it so they can find a leak.

Old 11-18-06, 08:51 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Who did the brake work? You indicate that you "took the car in" to have it fixed. Sounds like Bubba's Backyard BBQ and brake clinic. I can't imagine a reputable brake shop or dealer would not complete the job by cancelling the ABS light.Have you gone back to them to get the work completed?

Old 11-18-06, 10:42 AM
A
I took the car to a mechanic our family has used for years, we didnt think he would steer us wrong-but he never fixed the problem this time with the abs light...i'll try disconnecting the battery....
with the a/c- would putting dye in the system be somethng i could do at home, or should i take it to a dealer?
thanks for the help!

Old 11-18-06, 01:29 PM
D
An OBDII scanner wont turn the abs light out, OBDII only covers emmissions related data. I am from England so I am sorry to say I am not familiar with a "Cirrus". What make is it? I might be able to help with how to turn the light out. As for the air con it might be a blockage or condenser or evaporator (as mentioned) but it would also be worth checking out the electrical system, could be something as simple as a blown fuse. Pop the bonnet with the air con switched on and the engine runing. The compressor clutch should cut in and out continuously - you will hear a click when this happens, and the engine revs will momuntarrily drop. If this doesnt happen it might be an electrical fault.

Old 11-19-06, 02:13 PM
A
it might be a silly question, but how do i know what fuse goes to what? someone told me the abs light fuse might just have blown, same with the a/c...but how would i know i didnt see anything that labeled each fuse