93 grand prix having trouble clearing codes

Old 11-21-06, 11:04 PM
Smile 93 grand prix having trouble clearing codes

93 grand prix 3.1
I was having trouble with my car, my car would drive fine for the 1st 15 mins then it would stall i had it diagnosed, the PCM was bad, got a used one, replaced the used one with the original prom, that took care of the stalling problem. Had the shop run codes on it to determine what the problem was they found 15 service codes, 3 which would disappear I bought a brand new prom from the dealer with the correct prom number according to dealer manufacturer the car is still showing 15 service codes. Tried to clear codes they keep coming back tested 3 of the power wires going to PCM and I have correct power going into the PCM. My problem is cannot clear codes any help if its a wiring problem or maybe a bad PCM if this was a bad computer I would have a non running car but why do I have so many codes? Even when I disconnected the battery codes still appear. I am receiving (IAT, IAC, TPS, CTS) this is just a few of the major listed codes that I heard that would stop the car from running. According to 1 code I have a prom error. To make a long story short anybody good at GM engine codes and how to turn them off????? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-06, 10:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I believe you will always get 3 codes (TCM, etc) if you are reading the codes while the engine is running and/or the brakes on. Not sure about the rest. Let me see if I can find something out. Also, I think these modules need to be flashed so they can be compatible with each other. Codes are stored within the PCM, etc if the battery is disco'd. If you leave that battery disco'd for about 24-36 hrs, then the computers "should" reset.