94 lebaron help

Old 11-23-06, 09:32 PM
94 lebaron help

just bought used car 3 weeks ago. when i turn the key, engine not turning over. all electrical seems to work(lights, radio etc.), get a try like 4 or 5 times then it starts. a couple times while driving if i let up on gas, car stalls. then takes a while to get started again. just started happening a couple days ago. tonite,made it almost to driveway then it stalled. couldn't get it to turn over. by turn over i mean the engine doesn't crank at all. sometimes will get a a small hum like its about to start but doesn't. check engine light then comes on. could it be the battery or the starter? any help would be great. hope i didn't buy a lemon!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-06, 11:09 PM
lebaron

take the starter and battery to auto zone or advance auto they will test it for free

Old 11-24-06, 04:00 AM
Group Moderator
I would aslo have the charging system checked; you could also have an alternator problem. Clean and tighten all battery cable and starter connections first. If either of your battery terminals is the bolt-on replacement type they are notorious for corrosion so check that as well.

Old 11-26-06, 10:31 AM
one problem fixed, now another.

I jumped the car and it started so i changed the battery. Now it will start most of the time. sometimes i turn the key and nothing happens. could it still be the starter?

Old 11-26-06, 10:37 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It could be the starter/solenoid or the alternator if the battery is not getting charged.

Old 11-26-06, 10:45 AM
where is starter at?

i went to canadian tire to look for the book with the diagrams in it. they didn't have it for my car.is there a place online that will have diagrams of where the parts are on a car?thanks again.

Old 11-26-06, 10:51 AM
Group Moderator
Try here:

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=RG001&UserAction=processModel&Parameters=007

Old 12-04-06, 12:24 PM
hanks for the help

it was the battery. changed to one from this decade and it now works. thanks for all the help.