help please

Old 12-02-06, 11:11 PM
help please

so on top of my girls bad heater now i think her head gasket is blown any ideas on how to fix either one? her heater only works when she punches the gas and then stops and only blows cold air ? then she has white smoke or steam coming out the tail pipe.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-06, 02:28 AM
Check your fluids, not just the levels, but the actual fluid. If there is oil in your coolant (it will float to the top of the radiator) or water in your oil (it will sink to the bottom of the oil pan but should be evident on the dipstick) you will most probably need a head gasket. The only way to fix a blown head gasket is to replace it.

Old 12-03-06, 02:09 PM
Question ok

so what can i do about the heater it stared having problems months ago is there any way to get it working

Old 12-03-06, 02:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It will be difficult to get the heat working correctly if you have a blown heat gasket. You can try topping off the coolant and replacing the thermostat.

Old 12-03-06, 02:59 PM
its not uncommon for the heater to quite working when the fluid level gets a little low, and it will usually start flowing through the heater at higher engine rpm so if the fluids low it must have a leak so ether fix the leak or top it off daily.

Old 12-03-06, 08:23 PM
Your options are very limited if you have a blown headgasket, if the car is worth it have it fixed, however, several years ago I had a 4.3 Astro with a bad gasket fouling a plug it had 110,000 mi I purchase a can of stuff called block sealer from Autozone it was in a silver can with black lettering it said it would create a ceramic seal, anyway, I used it, it worked I sold the van at 172,000 without any additional problem. Have a nice day. Geo