1992 Toyota Camry - Right rear view mirror broke?

Old 12-04-06, 07:04 AM
1992 Toyota Camry - Right rear view mirror broke?

Hi,

My car's right rear view mirror broke when it hit a truck while I was changing from right lane to left. But it is partially broken and it is still attached to the window. Is there a way to attach the broken pieces together?. or should I replace the whole rear view mirror?

Thanks
Galli

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-06, 07:17 AM
replace

Replace the mirror got to a local junk yard and get one should be pretty cheap and then paint to match.
Fixing the old one is possible depending on what is broken but not worth the hassle IMO

Old 12-04-06, 08:16 AM
hi,
i want to replace the rear view mirror after your suggestion. can u help me on how to replace the rear view miror or link to any article which says how to do?.

thanks.

Old 12-04-06, 02:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You will have to remove the inner door panel to get to it. Some Camry's have a defogger element in the side view mirrors. Unbolt it from the inside and disconnect any electrical connectors for power or defog.

Old 12-04-06, 02:35 PM
take a look for a panel

look inside were the mirror is if you see a plastic cover take it off and you should be able to get to some bolts also if electric you wil be able to get to the wires that have a connector. If no panel is there you will have to remove door panel not a big deal just more time consuming.
The cover should be right were the mirror hooks up and it is inside the door.

Search this Thread