power windows

Old 12-08-06, 09:16 AM
power windows

my teenage daughter has a 1997 chevy cavalier z24 w/pwr windows and pwr sunroof.the problem is the driver side window went down and wouldn't come back up.i checked the owners manual to see if there was a fuse for the windows.there isn't a fuse but a circuit breaker that is for the pwr windows/pwr sunroof.the sunroof works but neither window works.i went ahead and replaced the breaker.didn't help.the buttons for the windows are in the console.could the buttons be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-06, 10:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you replaced that 25A breaker, then the other thing might be the Express Down module. Both the windows go into this module. To verifiy, remove a door panel and test for power at the power window motor while holding the window switch down/up. If you do not have power, then it's that module or the switches themselves, but most likely this module.

Old 12-10-06, 09:01 AM
Thumbs up

i called the parts store to price the module.they said its not listed seperate that its probably built into the switch at a cost of $86.00. before buying the switch i wanted to see how it came apart.it popped right out and the wire plug slid off as i was raising it up.i pushed the plug back on and heard it clip in.turned the key on and tried the switch to both windows and it worked fine.lucky i guess.thanks for your response it helped