Auto antenna won't go up...........

Old 12-11-06, 09:36 AM
Auto antenna won't go up...........

I have a 1990 Chry Imperial, use it for a winter car. It was parked all summer and when I started it up this winter, the antenna won't go up. It worked good before I parked it for the summer. I can't see the antenna motor under the hood, is it under my dash or inside the fender well? Second, I press the heat settings and I can't get the heater to blow out the dash vents or on the floor, only blows out the windshield vents, any ideas? Everything worked good till I parked it for a year.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-06, 12:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Check your fuses for the power antenna. If they are good, your antenna motor is probably bad, which is attached the the underside of the antenna itself.

Regarding the heat:

A vacuum leak will cause your heater to only work in defrost mode. Check your vacuum hoses in the engine bay and going into the air box under the dash. If that turns up no results, then your mixing valve near airbox might be bad.

Old 12-11-06, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by grantiman View Post
I have a 1990 Chry Imperial,
Second, I press the heat settings and I can't get the heater to blow out the dash vents or on the floor, only blows out the windshield vents, any ideas? Everything worked good till I parked it for a year.

Does auto/digital control air cond. or it's manual one?.

Old 12-12-06, 05:16 AM
Everything on the heating/AC controls are digital, nothing is manual. How do I get to the power antenna motor? It looks like it's inside the fender.

Old 12-12-06, 07:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Try these directions for the antenna. They seem vague, but hopefullyit helps.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0f/61/ff/0900823d800f61ff.jsp

Old 12-12-06, 02:52 PM
Ok, I found and antenna motor. The bracket that holds it on the fender well was rusted off. I was wondering if this bracket acted as a ground for the antenna motor. Going to run a ground wire to the motor and see if that will work.
I looked all over for vacuum hoses going through the firewall to the heater control. I don't see any vacuum lines going into the firewall.