1994 Grand Cherokee problem alternator, battery

Old 12-14-06, 01:56 PM
Cool 1994 Grand Cherokee problem alternator, battery

I have a 1994 Grand cherokee with about 97,000 miles. Within the past couple weeks I have had to replace my alternator and battery 3 times. Something seen to be killing the battery and alternator. I can't seen to locate the problem and have any solution. I have read in other forums that many cherokee jeep's owners have had the same problem. I have had it checked out twice by Pep Boys and other mechanics. Could someone please give me any feedback with my problem.

donald

Last edited by DIYaddict; 12-14-06 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Email address removed for your protection and so your email address will not be filled with spam
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-06, 02:58 PM
I can't be certain, but I would suspect part of the problem is that you are at PepBoys. The quality of some of their parts is questionable, IMHO. That said, with 13 yrs and 97K, there could be a worn wire harness that is sucking the life out of your electrical system. You need an experienced electrical tech on this problem, and again, not likely to find them at Pep Boys(but there is always a chance). I do expect a lot of grief with this comment.