1989 fford bronco 11

Old 12-15-06, 08:48 AM
1989 fford bronco 11

Has 2.9L. Auto. Had transmission repaird . It would not start after. We had no fuel ,replaced fuel pump, then put inline switch to pump now we have fuel. But now no spark, replaced module on back of dist. still no spark next the one in dist. still no spark. WE have power to dist but none out ,coil is good. This had an alarm system on it. Its not active thay say

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-06, 03:00 PM
look for any wiring that may have been left disconnected when the transmission was replaced.
also check the grounds coming from the battery the smaller wires often break.
and you need to hook back up your fuel pump and find out if the eec relay is working by checking for power at an injector if you dont have power with the key on then the relay is not coming on for some reason and this will also affect the fuel pump relay.

Old 12-16-06, 01:34 PM
I had an '86 Bronco II and I loved it.
It did have some issues with fuel and ignition.

The fuel regulator went out without warning and the ignition module also went without warning but not at the same time.

Old 12-16-06, 03:17 PM
thanks did all that. but will check for more grounds. i am sick over this we have put so much money into this truck now. and the best part is we dont even know if the transmission is fixed yet. can you believe we drove it in and had to tow it out. but will keep checking. the only thing i havent replaced is computer. and hate to do that if thats not it. think i bought every module you can think of . but thanks if any more ideas its appreciated trucks been down sice feb will be almost a year

Old 12-16-06, 05:07 PM
I'd be looking for ground straps left off by the transmission rebuilder........If you have access to a scanner check for codes........Missing griunds will generate MANY codes.......If you see 6,7,8 codes showing up at the same time, you can almost bet it's a faulty ground

Old 12-17-06, 02:14 PM
Inertia Switch reset !

I can't believe I didn't think of this before.

Just for kicks and giggles reset the "Inertia" switch !
If your truck got bumped or jolted possibly from being towed or moved around a shop during repairs and tripped the inertia switch, there's NO WAY it will start until it is reset.

Also the Nuetral Safety switch may be out of adustment since the transmission was just replaced. If this is out of adjustment it could be preventing the system from starting but that will ussualy prevent cranking.

Keep us posted.

Old 12-18-06, 06:27 AM
thanks that switch is one of the things we did first. thought for sure it was going to be cranksensor but it dont have one. but going to keep tracing wires. it had a alarm system when i first got it but it was disconnected. but still have a gut feeling its not that. but last resort is going to be he probally tripped it i pray not. i still am thinking its in the wires. but thanks everyone but will figure it out. watch it be so simple.