'90 Suburban power steering pump removal

Old 12-16-06, 09:36 PM
'90 Suburban power steering pump removal

Can anyone tell me how ? Or maybe illustration? Also where is horn relay? E-thing hooked up fuse fine...no horn!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-06, 05:20 AM
As I recall, you need a special puller to get the pulley off, there is a bolt behind the pulley. Should be able to finds the puller most anywhere. Not sure about horn.

Old 12-17-06, 06:31 AM
You'll need both a puller and installer for the pulley.........The rest (on /off the pump is rather simple).........
The horn relay is located in what GM refers to as the "convenience center" ...Under the I/P you should see a bunch of relays/fuses in one big block. The horn relay will be a 3 pronged puppy........Power in one prong and when power is grounded at the horn button, some is then sent to the horn

Old 12-17-06, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by wrench47 View Post
You'll need both a puller and installer for the pulley.........The rest (on /off the pump is rather simple).........
The horn relay is located in what GM refers to as the "convenience center" ...Under the I/P you should see a bunch of relays/fuses in one big block. The horn relay will be a 3 pronged puppy........Power in one prong and when power is grounded at the horn button, some is then sent to the horn
Is it like the turn signal stat? Can you be a little more precise on where and what to look for? Thanks