89 isuzu trooper problem

Old 12-27-06, 05:39 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
89 isuzu trooper problem

my 89 trooper is weird,runs fine does not overheat at all,problem is my defrost or heater only blows hot or warm for a minute then cold,i checked fluids and had no water in radiator so filled it,started blowing stem out the tail pipe.not when driving,when i stop all sorts of stem from the tail pipe.drove it less than 5 miles and the radiator was dry again.was told and suspect the head or gasket but why dont it overheat.i letit run for almost a hour temp.gauge never moved.also all sorts of water on passenger floor board,thought i had a leek cause seems to only have water on floor when it rains.i need advice bad cant figue it out for the life of me.thanks brian.

Last edited by DIYaddict; 12-28-06 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Email address removed for your protection and so your email will not be filled with spam
Old 12-27-06, 05:49 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The sad news, unfortunately, is that you have a head gasket issue.........Steam out the tailpipe, losing coolant that isn't draining on the ground.........all the signs are there.... Now.......You need to check to see if there's coolant in the crankcase........If not, you can pull the heads (Save a lot of heartache and have them pressure checked and gone through while they're off the block)....If there's coolant down innthe oil, all bets are off, you need an engine

Old 12-28-06, 05:12 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
The temperature sender works when it is submerged in liquid (your coolant); no coolant, no (or low reading).

Agree with wrench, especially having the heads checked. About a 50/50 chance you'll have some warpage and just replacing the gaskets will be a waste of time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: