93 GMC Jimmy issues

Old 12-31-06, 07:53 AM
Exclamation 93 GMC Jimmy issues

First off, I need to know where the EGR valve is on this truck. I'm sure that's causing the bad idle and causing it to almost stall.

Second, I'm getting horrid gas mileage. A few miles to the gallon if I'm lucky. I live in Rapid City, SD, and it shouldn't take me and 8th of a tank to get across town and back. I don't expect very good mileage. After all, this motor is not known for getting great mileage, but it should be getting better than an 8th of a tank for roughly 10 - 15 miles.

Another thing: My turn signal only works 5% of the time. I click it on, and the front will stay on, but the back does nothing. I can flash the front by moving it manually, but that leaves the back out. The brake light also doesn't work most times. I don't figure it's a bulb if it works sometimes. I don't think it's the switch because the front still works. What in the hell am I dealing with?

Thanks,
Jake

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-06, 07:59 AM
Exclamation One more question.

One more question... Anyone know how to get at the guage lights? I've got one burned out, and it's pretty bothersome to only see half of my guages at night.

Thanks again,
Jake

Old 12-31-06, 08:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have you tried replacing your PCV valve as well?

Have you tried replacing the basics? i.e. FUEL FILTER, plugs and wires, distributor?

Regarding lights,
Replace bulbs and check sockets for corrosion and loose connectors.

Gauge lights can be difficult. This usually requires the removal of the dashboard and cluster panels.

Old 12-31-06, 08:10 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Should be on the front of the motor.