Acura Vigor Blower Motor

Old 01-15-07, 02:55 PM
Question Acura Vigor Blower Motor

I have a 94 Acura Vigor. I checked the fuse and it's good. I was told to check the blower motor resistor and was wondering if it was something I could do myself and, if so, could anyone tell me how to do that. Any other suggestions welcome also. Please and Thanx.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-07, 06:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is the motor running at all? The resistor stack controls the blower speeds. If it fails, the usual default is that the blower only runs at full speed.

Old 01-18-07, 06:40 PM
I see...It does not work at all. The only way any heat comes out is if you are driving down the road and the air is coming off the engine.

Old 01-19-07, 09:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
To check further, you really need a volt meter or test light. First find the blower motor, it should look like a black soup can with wires coming out of it. With the car running and the switches set for maximum heat, unhook the wiring connector and test each wire for voltage to ground. If none show voltage, either the switch is bad or you missed a fuse. They quite often have several fuse blocks on newer cars. If you do have voltage, the blower motor is probably shot.

Search this Thread