crack in plastic radiator housing

Old 01-20-07, 11:19 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

i have a hairline crack in the housing (sides) of my radiator and was hoping someone could tell me if they had ever repaired this. I have a plastic welder or can i use something like ez weld plastic repair stix. What about west end epoxy or resin. any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-20-07, 02:20 PM
M
Received 34 Upvotes on 33 Posts
This subject has come up different times in the forum. A number of the posts lean toward fixing it with a plastic welder. Those say it works.

I've tried the epoxy mix made specifically for that type of repair on a hairline crack that would pressure leak. It would hold for a while, then start leaking. I called a number of radiator repair shops around Des Moines. They all said they won't attempt a repair on the plastic radiator parts with any method because of comebacks. They all advised replacing the radiator.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Old 01-20-07, 02:24 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I agree with Marbobj, band aid type repairs tend to let loose at the worst possible times.

Old 01-20-07, 02:28 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

If the crack is on the plastic housing only a new plastic housing can be put on the radiator. It would be a special shop that has the equipment to do this where as most radiator shop don't.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: