1998 Chev C1500 ac/heater fan motor not working

Old 01-29-07, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1998 Chev C1500 ac/heater blower motor not working

I have a 1998 Chevrolet Silverado V8 5.7 with a/c. A couple of weeks ago my fan motor stopped working. I removed it, took it to the auto parts to get a new one. While there I was told that maybe it was not the fan motor and possibly the relay or the resistor. They connected the fan to 12V and it worked. I the old fan home put it back in and it worked for about a day. It was down for a while and then one day I turned it on and it worked. I was up and down for a couple of weeks and then I could no longer get it to work at all. The A/C still works (comperssor engages)because if I turn it on going down the HWY i can feel the cold air coming in trough the vents. The heat as well comes in when driving down the road. I can also feel possible the relay clicking when turning the fan switch from HI to a lower setting.

I so far have replaced the relay and the blower motor resistor.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by hou_texan; 02-02-07 at 05:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-07, 05:03 AM
There is a fuse block at the drivers side of the dash, and another under the hood. They have fuses and relays for the electrical system. Time to check them.

Old 01-30-07, 05:25 AM
perhaps the fan motor is bad next time it wont work tap on it and see if it starts up.

Old 02-02-07, 05:43 PM
Blower motor starts working after taping it... I have now replaced the relay, the resistor and now the switch control... there is only one thing left and that is the Blower motor.