1968 ford pickup?


Old 02-03-07, 06:40 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1968 ford pickup?

I am wanting to covert my "points" distributor to electronic. Is there a distributor for a ford to just switch to like you can on a small block chevy HEI or is there more to it than that. It has a 390 in it with an automatic if that matters! Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-07, 08:16 AM
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,538
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
your probably better off going with a points conversion kit in this model there is several manufacturers to choose from, you other option you could install a later model by ordering a distributer, cap and rotor and module, plug wires for a 1976 ford pickup 360/390 also, but you would need some of the wiring connectors from an older model mid to late 70's pickup you would need the wiring from distributer to module and the power connector for module and about 12 inches of wiring although you could use spade connectors it is not recomended.
Old 02-03-07, 09:09 AM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 4,320
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A great article featuring info a few:
Pertronix is probably the oldest, biggest, name in points conversion
The other ones discussed here seem good also, but I only am familiar with the Pertronix

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title: