Jeep won't idle makes ticking noise

Old 02-04-07, 06:53 AM
Unhappy Jeep won't idle makes ticking noise

About 2 min. after buying gas my 2002 Jeep Liberty started running rough then stalled. After restarting with some trouble it started making a loud clicking noise and would not idle. The oil pressure light does go off when started and it is not overheating. The engine was running fine before this happened. The car will run, but poorly as long as you give it gas. The clicking is loud and comes from the right valve cover. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-07, 07:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yikes, you didn't put diesel in this did you? I don't think you could have, but anything can happen. I suspect bad gas if you filled it up and it started doing this. That ticking/knocking will happen if you use weak gasoline. I would recommend getting the tank drained and putting some high octane gas in there for a tank or two.

Old 02-04-07, 09:31 AM
Sounds like a diesel fill to me too. I have a friend who's colorblind and can't distinguish the green handle for diesel...........He did it to his GoldWing

Old 02-04-07, 11:20 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The diesel nozzle is much larger then regular gas, so it's not supposed to fit in a regular gas spout, but some people find a way.

Search this Thread