2000 Blazer starting problems

Old 02-07-07, 04:05 PM
2000 Blazer starting problems

Having major starting and keeping running problems......
So far have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter and cleaned fuel injectors. Car still does not want to start. Latest new part was mechanic replacing crank sensor. Still not starting.

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-07, 07:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Get your codes read by Autozone for free.

Have you checked your plugs and coils?

Checked all hoses for a vacuum leak?

Replace Throttle Position Sensor?

Old 02-08-07, 08:34 AM
Is it a 4.3 motor , I had a similar problem with my S-10 it ended being the distributor cap or rotor not sure which 1 i changed both at the same time.

Old 02-08-07, 04:30 PM
same problem, more parts

put in a new crank sensor, now car starts intermittantly. Sometime it senses rpm, some times not. Driving us to drink.....not really but frustrating

any other ideas? how to check for wiring shorts??

thanks for the replys

Old 02-08-07, 05:13 PM
I would do as Mark suggested with the Autozone stop. I wouldn't put a lot money into parts until I knew what the problem was.

Old 01-02-08, 02:41 PM
Feel Your Pain

Originally Posted by walkerstoo View Post
So far have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter and cleaned fuel injectors. Car still does not want to start. Latest new part was mechanic replacing crank sensor. Still not starting.

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks
HAVING SIMILAIR PROBLEM WITH MY 97 S-10 CHANGE YOUR IGN MODUALE ABOUT 80$ AND EASY TO CHANGE IF NO LUCK IT MAY BE YOUR FUEL REGULATER, BUT NOT A REALLY EASY FIX I WAS TOLD IT'S UNDER THE THROTTLE BODY

Old 01-02-08, 06:12 PM
Did you pop off the coil wire from the distributer? Them like to corrode and cause these types of issues. Is the cap and rotor in good shape?

You states sometimes it detects RPM. Did you verify this with a scan tool? If so, throw an ignition module at it as stated above.

Old 01-03-08, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by walkerstoo View Post

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks
usually starting and keep running problems are electrical. you have had good advise, but check __ ALL___ electrical connections. for me, 99% of electrical problems are grounds. or lack of one! 4 ingredients for internal combustion engine necessary to run:fuel-compression-firing(electrical)-timing. if any are missing, you will have a problem. ALWAYS!!!!!!! check the SIMPLE stuff first! good luck.