Astro fan quit

Old 02-09-07, 11:38 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Astro fan quit

I drove down town one morning and my fan was working. I went into a meeting for 3 hours then drove to lunch and noticed it was not working.

During trouble shooting I discovered the fan will run, but only with the switch on high and if you tap on a module under the hood near the blower, and only in defrost,blend or a/c . It will not work in heat or vent position. The fan has 3 speeds. Any ideas what this could be?

Old 02-10-07, 02:06 AM
Since the fan will run I'd temporarily eliminate the fan motor as the problem.

I'm not sure what you tapped on under the hood to get the fan to run, but if you can disassemble it to check for loose or burned connections, that's where I'd start. I'd also be thinking it may be a faulty switch in the front dash. Oh yeah, one thing to check first is for a blown fuse. I've wasted a lot of time checking components in the past to later find out it was just a blown fuse.

Old 02-10-07, 04:45 AM
W
"only runs on high" would lead me to the resistor assy, be it of an circuit board or coiled cofiguration. Astro switches are known to crisp if the motor they're controlling looses resistence. Check behind the switch for a burned connector ...............and I'd ohm out or replace the motor too as it's probably the root cause

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: