1988 ford ranger pickup

Old 02-17-07, 07:21 PM
Red face 1988 ford ranger pickup help

im having trouble with the clutch leaking i think i need to figure out where the clutch reservoir is located

Last edited by kgruett; 02-17-07 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-07, 07:42 PM
It has a remote reservoir should be on the left fenderwell by the hood hinge.......A word of advice........If you have to replace the master cyl (look inside the firewall and see if brake fluid is making a trail from where the rod goes through)..........Bleed the system BEFORE installing in the firewall........Once the master is bolted up to the firewall, the way it's designed it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get the air out of the system

Old 02-17-07, 07:53 PM
Red face

okay ive got the reservoir the leak isnt there its between the clutch and the reservoir im not a mechanic and dont know a lot about cars so anything you can tell me and let me know to do would be great

Old 02-18-07, 04:48 AM
As I said.........Look under the dashboard and see if brake fluid is leaking from the Master cyl down the firewall..............If not check the trans itself......88 .....I'm not sure if it's an "internal" slave cyl or one that can be checked/serviced without trans removal..........If it's an "inny" then trans removal will be necessary and all clutch components will be exposed and should be checked/changed at that time
Again....... bleeding the system with the MC set in the truck is one pain in the butt...........so plan on the MC coming out any way you look at it

Search this Thread