electric problem 95 plymouth grand Voyager

Old 02-18-07, 11:52 AM
electric problem 95 plymouth grand Voyager

Hi, the back lights on the bakc of vanr do not work. It started with the back lights - they would not work but the bubs and the fuses are ok.lately even the break lights do not work either. Also some months ago I noticed that some times when I turned left going uphill the light of Door ajar in the control pannel would light up, and all the lights inside the van too.
I think that there is some contact that is not working, and that the pilot of the door ajar (that is now allways lighted up) and the lights on the back are related somehow. I don't have a diagram of the electric wiring inside the car ...
anybody knows where I could check??

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-07, 02:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have you checked all your fuses? I believe your lights are controlled by #19 & 20 in your fuse panel.

I think the problem "may" be either your headlamp switch, or your parking lamp relay.

I would change out your headlamp switch first.

Make sure you check the wiring to make sure no connections have come loose or are corroded.

Old 02-18-07, 02:47 PM
yes I checked all the fuses and they are ok.actually though the lights on both sides for the break do not work, the central one does work ...

Old 02-18-07, 04:52 PM
All red lenses in the rear?????.......See if the turn signals work, if they are the same filamint same bulb as the brake........Other item/question......Was van hit in rear????.........Seek out the main ground..........and be sure it's making good contact........I'm thinking turn signal switch