1998 Toyota Sienna Water coming inside

Old 02-20-07, 06:27 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry 1998 Toyota Sienna Water coming inside

I have a 1998 Toyota Sienna XLE which has 122000 miles on it. I had got it from an auction. The van runs great but there is water coming in from don't know were in front of the front passengers seat. I live in Chicago so during the cold season I have block of ice on the floor. What should I do to fix this problem.
Please let me know.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-07, 11:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Inspect all window molding. I'm guessing maybe the windshield is leaking or the pass. side door windows are leaking.

Old 02-20-07, 11:40 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Probably not a good plan in Chicago in the the winter, but you can sit/lay on the pax side while someone sprays water around the windshield and door areas to see where it might be coming it. First candidate in summer would be a clogged ac evaporator core water drain line; don't know how much moisture the hvac sytem pulls out in the weather you're dealing with.

Old 02-21-07, 08:21 AM
R
Will try

Thanks for the posts. I will try that tonight.

Old 02-21-07, 08:26 AM
R
Question Door Handle

One more thing; the door handle of the rear passenger side of the van broke off as it was being opened. Where can I get a replacement???

Also, it so happened that when I was opening the trunk I heard something breaking and the trunk also won't open. Is there something I can do to fix it or is the visit to the mechanic necessary.

Please let me know.

Thanks for the replies.

Old 02-21-07, 08:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
The door handle will be a dealer item; get the vehicle color code from the sticker in the door jamb because it'll come painted to your color. Door handles are one of the few weak spots Toyotas have.

The rear hatch sounds like maybe part of the inside linkage broke or came apart. That one may be tough to work on since the interior panel will have to come off to access it. The side door interior panel has to come off the replace the door handle as well, however you'll have the advantage of being able to open that one to work on it. Depending on how accessible the inside of the rear hatch is, you may be able to get the inside panel off and have a look.

Old 03-02-07, 01:38 PM
S
Refaz,

I also have a Toyota Sienna (2000) suffering from soggy floorboards on the front driver and passenger sides. I live in North West Washington state where there is a lot of rain but I only notice the puddles after it snows. I have been trying to locate the source of the leak since the winter of 05-06 but have not been able to do so. Have you been able to locate the problem?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: