no heat in 92 plymouth grand voyager

Old 02-27-07, 11:02 PM
no heat in 92 plymouth grand voyager

van with 258 k does not get hot inside I checked thermostat it is closed and it opens when it reachs its temp, and then water circulates. the heat at the back portion works ok only the front heater core does not get hot it is only luke warm any body have any idea what could be the problem on this type of vehicle and what should i check next, Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-07, 11:19 PM
Check to make sure someone hasn't by passed the heater core or check to see if the front heater core is blocked with rust

Last edited by DIYaddict; 02-28-07 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Old 02-28-07, 07:35 AM
Is there any way I can check if the heater core is blocked without taking it out . I don't see any sign of bypassing it . or is there any liquid or solution to unblock the heater core and rad

Old 02-28-07, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by manjit100 View Post
Is there any way I can check if the heater core is blocked without taking it out . I don't see any sign of bypassing it . or is there any liquid or solution to unblock the heater core and rad
You can check it by disconrcting the hoses that go to the firewall and putting your garden hose onto one of the pipes and see if it circulates through the h/core.

Old 03-29-07, 07:40 PM
the problem diagnosed is headgasket by the mechanic. should i just change the headgasket or is it necessary to rebuild the heads too which seems to be quite expensive, I don't have any problem other than overheating and water in the oil, please give me suggestion Thankyou