2003 Avananche content theft deterrent

Old 03-04-07, 02:11 PM
Question 2003 Avananche content theft deterrent

wife went to start the avananche and nothing happened. there is an icon on the display that is a car with a lock on top of it and the seat belt icon. both of these stay on all the time. solid not flashing. it appears that this is locking out the ability for the vehicle to start. I have tried to start the vehicle with the remote starter and the relays will click but it will not turn over the engine to try to start. it tries it two times and then nothing. also with the key in the ignition and turned on the doors will lock and unlock from the door panel but will not lock from the remote but will unlok from the remote.
How can i get the content theft deterrent reset to where the icon is not displayed. I'm not sure if there is not something else wrong because i cannot get pass this obstacle. i'm pretty sure that this is what is causing the car not to start, but how it happened is beyond me. the vehicle only has 23,000 miles on it.
I will be leaving for work in a few hours and if i don't respond to this message for the next couple of days i will when i get back. just brain storm in the meantime.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-07, 05:11 AM
First thing...... do you have a second key to the vehicle? If so, try that one. For some reason the brain in these vehicles have a habit of erasing the programming on a key now and then.