Chrysler 300M 1999, Stuck in Second Gear!

Old 07-10-02, 08:07 AM
DJ5A
Visiting Guest
Chrysler 300M 1999, Stuck in Second Gear!

Hello Everybody:

I Got Rid of the Jeep & Got a 1999 300M...

Yesterday I got into it to go Some Where & Transmission Acted Funny. Sorta Like it Shifted into Second Gear, Right at Take Off?

The Check Engine Light came on Too, this car Appears to Stay Stuck in Second Gear at all times. If I try the Auto Stick it will only go into Second Gear Also?

It Has the 24 Valve V6, Maybe 3.8 with 256 HP, it has 39,800 miles on it.

Anybody got any Ideas? HELP

Thank You for Your Time!!!!!
DJ5A

Old 07-10-02, 09:41 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The check engine light is the likely cause of the failure. It's a 1999 vehicle and should be covered by the factory warranty (even though you're a bit over in the mileage).

Could be minor or complete failure. The source of the light is the likely cause of the problem.

Old 03-08-07, 08:53 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile this might help if not too late...

Your car is "stuck" in second gear becasuse there is a serious problem with the engine, probably the transmition. Once the car senses the problem it automatically goes into 2nd gear and only a chrysler dealer or a chrysler specif mechanic can fix the problem. It does this to prevent any further harm to the engine (or you) if the origional problem were to start like a chain reaction. My 99 300M did the EXACT thing on I-25 near denver and I had to go 45 mph down the interstate until I could pull over and get a tow truck. The problem was mine was the speed control sensor went out. Your gauges on your dash board probably dont respond even if you are driving (speedomiter) anyway, it could be something small like the speed control sensor or a transmition problem. I loved my 300M - they are sure pretty cars but they are very poorly built, at least the first few years.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: