1998 S-10 Blazer

Old 03-10-07, 03:37 PM
Cool 1998 S-10 Blazer

The air conditioning blows hot air from the heater. It seems that the heater door is not functioning properly. there might be two possiblities.
The controller on the dash or the vaccum controller under the dash somewhere. Which is it or something else.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-07, 03:43 PM
possumgraper
Visiting Guest
Have you determined that the A/C compressor is in fact engaging? The clutch at the end of the compressor will click in when you turn on the air. You might need a helper to turn on the air while you look at the compressor. If it is, you might need to have somebody put a set of gauges on the system to see if all is functioning properly. The compressor on these vehicles has an extremely high failure rate due to the way they are assembled. They develop a leak at the seam where the two halves are joined. It may have leaked out all of the freon.

Old 03-10-07, 03:59 PM
cj

no. It is not the compressor. The compressor runs fine. For a few minutes, it does cool. but then the heater kicks in and then it blows hot air from the heater. Something in the controller is not working properly. This car has computer climate control on it. It might be the controller but I would like to know before I spend 300 bucks for a new one.

Old 03-10-07, 04:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It could be the blend door actuator. Your first option is to pull the controls out and see if the vacuum line is still good. If the vacuum lines are good, then you have to dig deep under the dash for the door actuator.

Old 03-10-07, 04:39 PM
Digging deep

I have dug deep into the dash to find the problem. The actual switch on the dash is electronic but when you move the control knob from cold to hot , it works a round shaped part that has a vaccum line going to it. could this be the part I need to replace?

Old 03-10-07, 07:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If it can be replaced easily and not to expensive, try that first, but I think it's the blend door actuator which can be a royal pita!