1996 Grand Voyager shaking front wheel at 45-50MPH

Old 03-11-07, 06:56 PM
1996 Grand Voyager shaking front wheel at 45-50MPH

my 96 grand voyager has 180,000 Miles on it, i feel the vibration and shakes when i accelerate at 45-50MP, but other than that everything is normal. i already replaced the tires in front but the problem still exist. what do you think is behind the vibration and shake. do you think it is worth repairing a 96 180,000 Miles grand voyager. thanks for any information.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-07, 08:43 PM
possumgraper
Visiting Guest
What size engine do you have in this van? A vibration at or within a certain speed range could be an engine or transmission issue, or it could be something simple with a c.v. axle. The price of the repair will determine whether or not this vehicle is worth fixing.

Old 03-12-07, 05:11 AM
Group Moderator
CV's would be the first place I would look, since you've already eliminated tires (I'm assuming they were blanced).

Old 03-12-07, 04:53 PM
Where does the shaking come from? Is it from the engine itself, or the steering wheel? If the steering wheel shakes, it usually means that a wheel is not balanced. It is possible that one of the weights might have come off the tire, causing the wheel to shake at a certain speed. Have your wheels re-balanced.