91 Dodge Shadow odometer not working

Old 03-12-07, 06:12 PM
91 Dodge Shadow odometer not working

I have a 91 Dodge Shadow that I just purchased. It has a 2.5 Liter 4 cylinder automatic transmission. The guy my dad purchased the car from is 82. He has had the car since it had 9,000 miles on it and it currently says 76,000. The gentleman said the odometer has not been “reading” working for the last 2,000 miles. The speedometer works, but the odometer and trip does not work. My dad wants me to have this fix imminently, but I don’t know where to start. My dad thinks there is a sensor on the transmission that may have something to do with the odometer. He also did some talking to a guy on the Internet about the speedometer cable. Parts guy at my work thinks there is a spring “or something to that effect” behind the odometer reading in the cluster itself and told me of a speedometer shop to take it too, and said they could fix it. Any information would be great before I go throwing money out the window.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-07, 07:41 PM
If the speedo works.............but the odometer doesn't.............the problem's in the dashboard/instrument panel

Search this Thread