Ccrm

Old 03-15-07, 08:17 PM
Ccrm

Anyone know how to troubleshoot the A/C compressor relay and WOT relay in the CCRM module on a 92 Mercury Sable 3.8L V-6 W/Climate Control?

I'm almost positive that either the compressor relay and/or WOT relay are not closing; or at least not making electrical contact.

At over 200 bucks a pop for the CCRM, I'd like know that's the problem before I buy one!
Thanks,
Phil

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-07, 10:42 PM
Replace the relay $20.
first check the compressor to make sure its not locked up

Old 03-17-07, 04:34 AM
A/C Guy,
Where can I get the relay for 20 buck? On a '92 Sable, the A/C relay is on a circuit board in a black metal box mounted on top of the radiator shroud called the "Integrated Relay Control Module" (ICRM) or "Constant Control Relay Module." (CCRM)

The dealer wants over $300 for a new CCRM module. The Relay is soldered on this circuit board........even if I could determine which relay was bad, (there are four other relays on the board) it would be difficult to remove the bad relay from to board without doing damage to the other components; everything on the board is very tight and close together.

I've already determined the compressor clutch is good by temporarily bypassing the relay and connecting the compressor directly to the battery. The clutch engages and the A/C cools fine; in fact, before this problem with the relay.....the A/C worked fine, it's still the original R-12 charge that has been topped off every other year or so. Not bad for a 15 year old car eh?
Thanks,
Phil

Old 03-17-07, 02:07 PM
You're gonna need the resistance specs on the clutch so you can ohm it out.......If the relay burnt in the box, there was a reason........The clutch may work and STILL be a problem