93 Volvo 940 fan motor

Old 03-23-07, 05:50 PM
93 Volvo 940 fan motor

Hi My isi has a 93 Volvo 940. When she turns on the heat or a/c the fan motr will run a short time and then start to make a squealing noise which I'm sure is a bearing/.ubricant issue. Basically I need to know if the motor has oil ports and how do I get to the motor? The noise sounds like it's coming from behind the panel under the glove box. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-07, 06:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I believe the motor is a self contained unit and cannot be serviced. I've heard of people drilling holes through spindle and packing grease, but I would not recommend it.

Old 04-06-07, 03:17 PM
update

I pulled out the old motor and did not see any oil ports on it so we bought a new one at an auto parts store for about $82 including tax. The new parts were a motor complete with the blower wheel attached and an adaptor bracket which I didn't need to use. The changeout wasn't too bad. I had to remove a trim piece below the glove box and then a side trim piece adjacent to that. Behind that was a rectangular dull silver/grey canister looking thing with a bunch of wires going into it [I have no idea what this thing is]. I had to remove it and it's mounting bracket which then gave me access to the 3 mounting screws for the motor/blower housing. The working space was a little tight but not imposible. Total time was about 3 hours not includung the trip to the auto parts store. I'm sure we saved at least $100.