A/C Blower Resistor Replacement

Old 04-10-07, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A/C Blower Resistor Replacement

I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima and the A/C fan now only runs on high speed. It is my understanding that the like reason for this is a failed resistor. Where is this resistor located on the vehicle?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-07, 03:53 AM
Under the air box next to the blower motor on the right, behind the glove box, it's flat black 4way wire connector on the bottom with two screws holding it.

Old 09-12-09, 04:14 AM
99 maxima blower works on High only.

I have a 1999 Nissan Maxima and has the same problem. The A/C fan now only runs on high speed. Where is this resistor located on this vehicle? Thanks.

Old 09-19-09, 03:48 AM
I guess this site is not as active as some others. I found more information about the resistor.

[URL="http://forum.doityourself.com/automotive-service-repairs/301062-c-blower-resistor-replacement.html#post1619149"]

Old 09-19-09, 05:57 AM
Closeups: What is the question?

Old 09-22-09, 06:12 PM
Question is where exactly this resistor located and how do you replace it? Information on this board is not enough to understand for any DYI. Anyway, I did more research and found the details. I wish I can add pictures of the location of resister and as well as how it looks like and how to replace it.

I found that MAXIMA.ORG has lot more active member responding with good amount of information.

Old 09-23-09, 02:38 PM
Now that you know where it is, perhaps you could share it with others with the same problem who are waiting for your problem to be resolved to answer the same problem they have.

Old 09-27-09, 05:23 PM
How do I insert pictures I have taken for Blower motor resistor?

"Insert Image" only allows to insert from "URL" location.

Old 10-03-09, 06:52 AM
Finally, part is arrived (nissanparts.cc) and replaced in a less than 5min. Hard part was to figure out the location of part. All you need is mirror, Phillips and regular screw drivers and Flash light. Sneak your head under the glove box and look up in right side corner. You should be able to see Black Blower motor on White plate. Next to that is Wire and connector piece with 2-phillips screws. This is blower resistor. Remove those 2-screw and part will drop but will be hang on wire since connector is still there. Now press Tab on connector and pull connector out. Now, your old part is out. Revers the process with new parts and fan will start working.

I have taken few pics, if any one interested.

Old 10-03-09, 01:31 PM
I need help.I can't find it.The nissan service dept.told me it was in the blower motor housing.I got it tore down now and can't see it.

Old 10-03-09, 08:15 PM
Resistor Pics

Link to Pictures..

Picasa Web Albums - gamisr - Blower Resistor