1994 toyota tercel v-belt replacement

Old 04-10-07, 09:18 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1994 toyota tercel v-belt replacement

The alternator/water pump belt disappeared today while driving. It is the belt in back behind the power steering/AC belt. How can I get the front belt off to put the new back belt on? I cant seem to find all the bolts to remove the power steering pump. Any ideas? Or does anyone have a diagram of where the bolts are to remove the power steering? Thanks

Old 04-11-07, 01:58 AM
M
dont remove

You dont remove the pump you just slide it up remove the belt. Not sure were the bolts are but just loosen them. Replace that belt as well. look around under the hood for a picture.

Old 04-11-07, 03:13 PM
J
The power steering pump only has a bracket that is flat against the block. There is possible sliding involved. The engine is so compacted under the hood, I can only feel around and not see. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Old 04-11-07, 03:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I would replace both as well. Just cut the one in the way of, slip the rear one on, then the one you cut off.

Old 04-11-07, 04:03 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Go to Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, etc; and get an manual for your auto. For an Haynes it's #92085 page 1-14 or you might find the same info at autozone.com in the repair section(I don't have the exact link) or you might try the following link --http://www.bedlib.org/ebsco.html --- then select the repair logo on the page. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: