1996 Plymouth Breeze Brake Problem

Old 04-19-07, 09:56 AM
Question 1996 Plymouth Breeze Brake Problem

My plymouth has a major problem. We just replaced the brake pads not even a month ago. All of a sudden the other week my car started making this horrible noise(it sounds like a rusty bolt being turned, just very loud) this noise is coming from the right front side of the car. The noise goes for about 5 minutes while I am driving and then goes away. Now, a week after, the noise is still happening and all of a sudden I lost all brake power. I would push the brake all the way to the floor and my car still will not stop. I can fill the brake fluid thing and it will be gone within 15 minutes. Someone please help me, Im desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-07, 02:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Check for obvious leaks but I think it is a caliper piston gone south. The seals in the caliper are probably damaged and leaking the fluid.

Pull the caliper off from that side and inspect the caliper for damage.

Old 04-19-07, 05:14 PM
did whoever installed the brake pads machine the rotor? Did he/she check the thickness of the rotor with a caliper or micrometer? Most of the time the caliper piston only leaks if the rotor is too thin, causing the caliper piston to have to travel beyond the point that the seal can contact the bore surface. Take all your wheels off...you should notice alot of fluid around one of them. IF it's a caliper you should replace the caliper and both rotors if they are below minimun thickness. Also check to make sure a brake hose is not busted.

Old 04-20-07, 10:42 AM
Ok, we figured out why it is leaking the brake fluid, I need to replace both of my rear wheel cylinders, but that is still not explaining the noise coming from the right front side of the car.

Old 04-20-07, 01:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It was making this noise because the caliper pistons were running dry. Without enough fluid, you will sometimes have these noises.

Search this Thread