keyless entry remote!!

Old 04-26-07, 08:24 AM
keyless entry remote!!

I have a 1999 pontiac bonneville and the keyless remote stoped working; I bought a new battery and tried to recincronize it again and it worked a couple of times and then stoped working again. Is there any fuse that I could check or do you think is the remote?, I went to the dealer and they told me that it will cost me $80.00 the remote plus $99 dollars an hour to sincronaze it and I think it's a lot of money. If I have to get a new one What do you think about the ones thast autozone sells?

Thank you for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-07, 02:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There areno fuses to check.

I would say get a new keyfob and reprogram it. You can find OEM keyfobs on ebay. Search for "1999 Bonneville key"

Old 04-26-07, 06:24 PM
Check the manual as well - often the proceedure for programming is in there.

Old 04-26-07, 07:48 PM
I was reading the manual where the fuses are and there is one that says door locks, is that fuse for something else?, the book says it;s located on the passenger side.

Old 04-26-07, 08:07 PM
tae
that would be for the door lock button inside the vehicle. if they still work, the fuse is ok.

Old 04-27-07, 08:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try this:

1. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.

2. Locate the OBDII Port.

3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking then unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.

4. Close Doors

5. Turn ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine).

Doors will lock.

6. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. Up to about 30 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking then unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.

7. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitter (if any including any existing remotes).

8. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.

Old 04-27-07, 03:04 PM
What do you mean with a suitable jumper cable?, do I just connect it like a bridge from terminal 8 to 4?

Old 04-27-07, 03:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Means taking a piece of wire and sticking (jumpering) those pins.