Chevy 04-05 Malibu vs Classic?

Old 05-04-07, 01:49 PM
Chevy 04-05 Malibu vs Classic?

This 'Classic' version of the Malibu that was sold to fleet customers durning the model years of 04 & 05, my questions are;

1. How concerned should I be since this is a 'fleet' vehicle regarding how the car was used or driven?
2. As far as parts, how concerned should I be here since it was only sold for two years with parts from the older Malibu line pre 2003 (so I am told)?

I perfer this body style over the Malibu for those model years and I didn't want a 'V6' from pre 2003, hence this choice.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-07, 03:22 AM
Cool Fleet vehicles

It is to my understanding that Fleet vehicles are very well maintained.

Old 05-05-07, 05:59 AM
That's what one would assume.BUT, that is nothing but an assumption. If it is from a rental company and they sell then every 2 years, I really doubt, other than oil changes, much maintainance is done on them!

Old 05-05-07, 11:44 AM
It's a crap shoot. You realy don't know what your getting.
There is certain temptation when driving a car that " dosen't belong to you or anybody you know" to beat the dayligts out of it.
I know you or I would never do that,...... ehem......ehem....
Check to see if there is a history on the car before buying. That would make me feel better about the purchase.

Good luck.

Old 05-05-07, 11:49 AM
"There is certain temptation when driving a car that " dosen't belong to you or anybody you know" to beat the dayligts out of it."

That's exactly what I mean. Now, if the car was assigned to one person in a company (non rental) that might be different. BUT, doing a Carfax or similar won't tell you how many drove the car if it was a rental company.

The last issue is parts availability since these were only out for two years.

Search this Thread