coolant leak 96 corsica

Old 05-15-07, 10:33 PM
Unhappy coolant leak 96 corsica

i have a 96 chevy corsical v-6 that is leaking coolant from back of engine. i could only see with a flashlight that it is coming down from the paasenger side center near exhaust pipe. it is leaking at fast rate. it just started today. i will try to pinpoint tomorrow during daylight with it up on ramps. is it the intake manifold gasket again? about 20,000 miles ago it was replaced and the mechanic told me to get rid of the car. it only seeped out then. now it is leaking at steady rate. will mendite fix this. it has worked good on my other vehicles with leaks. is this the achilles heel to this engine-the intake gasket leaks after so long? or is it a cracked block? can i replace a head gasket myself if that is the case and how much junk do i have to take off to get to it?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-07, 07:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It could be the head gasket, but I would want to rule everything else out first. There maybe a leaking freeze plug or a leaking heater hose. Find the leak point and report back for more guidance.

If your head gasket was bad, then you would most likely have antifreeze in your oil along with bad overheating and bad compression.

Old 05-16-07, 05:15 PM
3.1/3.4? LIM gasket, known problem with these motors.

Search this Thread