musty car smell

Old 05-29-07, 05:13 PM
Unhappy musty car smell

I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. I have a terrible musty/mildew smell coming into the car when the a/c is NOT running. My local mechanic has tried several things to get rid of this smell- changed filters, many different sprays into the vents, etc. The smell is NOT there in the colder weather.
Please help me, I am going crazy!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-07, 05:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There is a drain plug that often gets clogged up with leaves, etc. Someone a few days ago on here had the same issue.

Hopefully someone will chime in to the wearabouts of this drain plug. I am curious as to where it's at also.

Old 05-29-07, 06:37 PM
nap
I don;t know where it is specifically on the GP but it is almost always on the firewall at the bottom of the evap coil box. They often look like a small rubber tube and many of them look kind of pinched at the end.

it's not really a plug but simply an opening.

you can use a coat hanger to poke in there to dislodge the debris. \\Just don't poke so far and hard you damage the evap coil.

watch out for the resulting shower you will get in your face since the only way to do it is get tight under it and poke. Then the water comes out.

Old 05-30-07, 01:59 AM
best poker

The best poker to use as to prevent damage is a long zip tie or often called ty wrap. The nylon zip used to hold wire. It is flexable. I concur unplug the drain tube.