AC ReChill Kit R-134a

Old 06-03-07, 09:27 AM
AC ReChill Kit R-134a

I purchased a Quest ReChill Kit (polar bear on the front) including a recharge hose with gauge handle. I've connect the hose to the car properly, yet after piercing the bottle with the other side of the hose two things happen: 1) it's not tight enough so the air leaks out making the hissing sound; and 2) I tighten it, i hear nothing as if it's airsealed, but nothing is being pumped into the car. In neither case does the gauge move. Is there a simple step I'm forgetting to do? I've reread the directions endless times.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-07, 06:40 PM
Group Moderator
Let's back up a second. What make/model/year and what was the problem(s)/symptom(s) of what you're trying to fix?

Old 08-11-09, 01:15 PM
did you get an answer to your question and if so what are the answer's?

regards,
Patrick

Old 08-11-09, 01:17 PM
auto a/c R134a ReChill Kit

2000 chevy tahoe lt,
I purchased a Quest ReChill Kit (polar bear on the front) including a recharge hose with gauge handle. I've connect the hose to the car properly, yet after piercing the bottle with the other side of the hose two things happen: 1) it's not tight enough so the air leaks out making the hissing sound; and 2) I tighten it, i hear nothing as if it's airsealed, but nothing is being pumped into the car. In neither case does the gauge move. Is there a simple step I'm forgetting to do? I've reread the directions endless times.

Old 08-11-09, 04:27 PM
Did you open the "TAP" after puncturing the can.....Did you vacuum the system before attempting to charge it.....Which port are you using to charge, an do you know how to distinguish the two??????

Without "Flaming" anyone in particular......This is EXACTLY why I feel and speak the way I do about " A/C and the do it yourselfer"....

That can is a waiting timebomb if used improperly. Cold air in your car is worthless if you are blind and frostbitten.......

If you have been thru the instructions multiple times and still dont understand ...Then you have no business continuing...and at best , you will waste the money on the charge kit, or take a turn for the worst and seriously hurt yourself....

It has been almost 10 years, but I still have the most vivid image in my mind, of a "Quick Charge kit going wrong" and watching the guy next to me fall to his knees.......He is quite blind, and has never regained any use of his right hand.....

Sorry to babble...but it isnt worth your safety.......

Old 08-11-09, 10:17 PM
2000 cHEVY TAHOE A/C

I do appriciate your directness...i returned the damnthing and will have a pro do it.

Thanks