1994 GMC Sonoma- Power mirrors don't work

Old 06-07-07, 06:19 AM
1994 GMC Sonoma- Power mirrors don't work

My dad just bought a 1994 GMC Sonoma every thing else works except the power mirrors. I have no idea where to start now. I already checked the fuzes, they are all good.

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-07, 10:27 AM
Refresh my memory - is the Sonoma a pickup? If so, I have the '94 Chevy pickup manuals and I could send you the electrical schematic for the mirrors.

Old 06-07-07, 11:32 AM
Yes it is a Pickup

Old 06-09-07, 07:32 AM
did you plan on posting that electrical schematic for the mirrors on here or sending it to my email?

Old 06-11-07, 06:51 PM
Also today my dad put the window down (Drivers side) on this truck and now it will not go up. It has power because the lights dime when he pushed the button. passangers side works.

did the motor go bad or what?

Old 06-21-07, 06:46 PM
The windo did go up but now it does not move at all. This is the same thing that happened last but 18 hours later the window finally worked.
ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!

Old 06-21-07, 08:18 PM
Check the wiring. There is a bunch of wires (usually in a black rubber tube) that runs from the door to the body of the car that carries the juice to run the switches. My guess is that there are a few wires that are pinched in there - or possibly broken completely. This would explain the intermittent operation of the windows, and the non operation of the mirrors.

a good place to start is to pull the switches. verify that there is power to the switch. If no power to the switch, since you now know what color the wire is, trace it back to the inside of the car body. Check to see if you have power before it goes through to the door. If you do, then you know that there is a problem with the wires that feed between the door and body.
Good luck!