2002 Chrysler Voyager Fuel Tank leak

Old 06-13-07, 11:25 AM
2002 Chrysler Voyager Fuel Tank leak

I have a 2002 Chrysler Voyager 3.3L flex fuel. Apparently hit something in the road last week and it caused a leak. It is leaking from the "stub out" on the tank where the hose connects from where fuel is added. The "stub out" or short piece of pipe is split right at the seam where it connects to the tank. I bought some poxy and tried to seal it...that helped but it still has a small leak. So at this point I can not fill the tank and it leaks when I put gas into the tank. On level ground with a half tank or less it is fine, so I have been parking with the front of the van down hill to keep the gas away from the split:-) I have called several salvage yards around and they don't have a tank. A new one through the dealer is nearly $400. I have had no luck finding one on the Internet either. So if anyone knows of a place I would appreciate it. Or if another make\model (Dodge Caravan) tank would work as well. The part number the dealer gave me for a new tank was 5102257AB.

Thanks,

RM

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-07, 11:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
chryslerpartsdirect.com sells it for $279.

I would not recommend using apoxy or similar. This would be only a very temporary solution of course.

You could drop the tank and filler neck, purge it, and then have someone weld up the seam.

Old 06-13-07, 06:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Just figure what a days cost of being in an intensive care burns unit is, and spend that amount on a new tank. You could probably buy a new car for less.

Search this Thread