ABS kicking in at low speed braking

Old 06-20-07, 02:24 PM
Question ABS kicking in at low speed braking

i have a 2002 two wheel-drive gmc sonoma pick-up. Everytime i slow down and hit ten miles an hour the abs kicks in and it keeps rolling like its not gonna stop. i dont know if this matters but it also pulls to the right real hard at ten miles an hour when the abs kicks in. i pulled the wheels, and calipers, and rotors off and cleaned the abs sensors and the teeth on the back of the rotor, but besides that i didnt really know what to look for or what the problem might be. i just hoped that maybe when i put everything back together it would be fixed. but of course it wasnt. so i was just wondering if anyone out there is familiar with this problem and could help me out i would really appreciate it. for now i just took the ABS fuse out so that it wouldnt do it anymore, which is not a big deal but i still would like to eventually fix it. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-07, 03:02 PM
There was a recall for ABS problems on my '00 Silverado, something to do with wheel sensor/corrosion. Not sure if it applied to Sonomas., but it was a similar problem.

Old 06-20-07, 04:28 PM
ABS Brake False Cycle

This symptom is usually caused by a fault in a sensor circuit that gives a false signal that the brakes are about to lock up. The cause often does not set a code or turn on a light because the system thinks it is operating properly and everything checks properly when the system goes through it's self diagnostics. You may have water intrusion in a connector or wiring harness, a cracked reluctor ring, sensor gap not correct, damage to a reluctor ring or an electronic module problem. Check the obvious but you may need to take the vehicle to a dealer who has diagnostic tools to find the problem. Have a dealer check to see if there is a recall.

Search this Thread