Trailer wiring problem 2003 Chevy Blazer

Old 06-30-07, 05:55 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Trailer wiring problem 2003 Chevy Blazer

I am trying to wire my new trailer. I have the wires from under the rear bumper, white, brown, yellow, green, light blue, light green. I connected all but the light blue and light green to my 4 way adapter and then to the trailer. The turn signals work, the running lights work, the brakes work but aren't as bright as the signal(same brightness as the running lights) when I have the headlights on and then press the brake, the lights go out, no brake lights, no nothing! I have checked everything, even bought new trailer wiring set and had the same problem, so I know its not the trailer side it has to be from the Blazer to the 4 way adapter. I am lost and extremely tired. Any help would be appreciated. PS It's not the ground, I tried several grounding methods all with same result. Do I need to do something with the light blue and/or light green wires?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Robert

Old 06-30-07, 06:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Depending on how many lights and bulb type, your vehicle wiring may not have sufficient power to light them.

Too add: Does your vehicle tail lights have a seperate bulb for turn and brake lights? If so, you do need a power converter.

Last edited by HotxxxxxxxOKC; 06-30-07 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-30-07, 06:42 PM
R
Trailer Wiring

I do not have seperate brake and turn signal bulbs

Old 06-30-07, 06:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You have a ground problem. In your situation, you have a ground that is strong enough to provide some lighting functions but not all. This is called a weak ground. When the taillights and brake lights are used at the same time, it creates the maximum amp load of the lights on the trailer. If a ground problem exists, it will show at this point.

http://www.trailerwiring.com/cgi-bin/faq.cgi?fam=LM&c=All

Where do you have this grounded? The ground wire should not be placed on metal with paint on it.

the lt green wire is your back up lamps, and I believe the lt blue is the license plate lights.

Last edited by HotxxxxxxxOKC; 06-30-07 at 07:20 PM. Reason: added reference

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: