Any Special Procedure after A/C Component Replacements???

Old 07-01-07, 08:34 AM
Any Special Procedure after A/C Component Replacements???

I just replaced the accumulator, condenssor and hoses on my 1992 k1500 is there any special proceedure I should be aware of before flowing a few cans of 134 into my system. Do I need to purge anything or should I be ok?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-07, 10:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not an AC expert, but I think it needs to have a vacuum pulled, and maybe a flush of refrig to clear the system of moisture etc. before a full charge of refrig.

Old 07-01-07, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by goldstar View Post
Not an AC expert, but I think it needs to have a vacuum pulled, and maybe a flush of refrig to clear the system of moisture etc. before a full charge of refrig.
Im thinking this is why my Compressor clutch isnt pulling in after 3 cans it should be full. and by the gauges it say's it's full. It probably still needs a vacuum!

Old 07-01-07, 10:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Definetly needs a vacuum pulled for at least 20-30 mins to evacuate the system then a full recharge.

Old 07-01-07, 10:27 AM
Copy That! Thanks Alot!

Old 07-01-07, 10:37 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Also, you are adding the cans in while engine running and AC on MAX? The compressor needs to be engaged.

Old 07-01-07, 11:20 AM
Yeah HOT! A/C on max, but the compressor clutch is failing to engage! I have a new cycle switch as well, and for grins and giggles I jumped that! I am trying to figure out why this clutch is not engaging! I wanna believe it's because the systems needs a vacuum but knowing my luck it's probably something else.

Old 07-02-07, 09:22 AM
Well situation fixed. When I did the intial charge of R134 the system tripped the a/c fault on the heater control. This starts the flash cycles of the a/c light on the control, then takes away any output commands to the a/c compressor clutch. In order to clear this,it is done by simply disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes then re-attaching. After starting the truck, I was able to push the a/c button and wooha-laaa the compressor engaged. Then I was able to attach the gauges and get the propper readings with the compressor engauged!

"Can you say - Brain-Fart???"

Old 07-02-07, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Chuckachief View Post
Well situation fixed. When I did the intial charge of R134 the system tripped the a/c fault on the heater control. This starts the flash cycles of the a/c light on the control, then takes away any output commands to the a/c compressor clutch. In order to clear this,it is done by simply disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes then re-attaching. After starting the truck, I was able to push the a/c button and wooha-laaa the compressor engaged. Then I was able to attach the gauges and get the propper readings with the compressor engauged!

"Can you say - Brain-Fart???"
Won't work good with air in the system.