1993 Suburban a/c

Old 07-15-07, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1993 Suburban a/c

I have a 1993 Suburban. A/C went out so I took it to shop and the shop said my compressor was bad and that I should switch over to R-134a at a cost of $1500.00. I don't have that kind of cash laying around so I went to a friend of mine who works at N.A.P.A. and got me everything that I need to convert it over to R-134a, including the compressor for $200.00. My problem is when I went to go take off the old compressor off my suburban the bolts that hold the compressor on the bracket will not come out around the compressor pulley. I went and bought the pulley puller for that pulley and just the clutch comes off not the pulley. I am stuck at this point, don't know what to do. Any answers would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-07, 07:48 PM
1993 Suburban AC, The center of the clutch should have a threded hole. Find a ca

Originally Posted by mvhardin View Post
I have a 1993 Suburban. A/C went out so I took it to shop and the shop said my compressor was bad and that I should switch over to R-134a at a cost of $1500.00. I don't have that kind of cash laying around so I went to a friend of mine who works at N.A.P.A. and got me everything that I need to convert it over to R-134a, including the compressor for $200.00. My problem is when I went to go take off the old compressor off my suburban the bolts that hold the compressor on the bracket will not come out around the compressor pulley. I went and bought the pulley puller for that pulley and just the clutch comes off not the pulley. I am stuck at this point, don't know what to do. Any answers would be greatly appreciated thanks.
The Center of the clutch should have a threaded hole. Find a capscrew that will fit the thread and screw it in . When it bottoms, continue, it should push the clutch assembly off the compressor shaft.

Old 08-15-07, 08:09 PM
There should be one side of the bold head with a flat spot made on it that will allow the bolt to bypass the pulley it may need a little prying to get by but this should work.