Dodge Ram 50 radio

Old 08-04-07, 08:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dodge Ram 50 radio

Good day all,
I have a 1990 Dodge Ram 50 comapct truck (Canadian model). the issue I'm having, which has been the same with the previous owner, is that the radio works only when the marker lights are off. i've putzed around with it today trying to find out why the radio wasn't working and determined that when the key is in accossory postion, the lights work. in accessory postion and radio working, turned the headlight switch on, the radio quits. turn light switch off, radio comes back on. when the key is turned further to the "on" position and the daytime running lights and marker lights come on, the radio quits.
i pulled the fuse for the marker lights, and the radio stayed on (but then no marker lights).
could there be a faulty relay or something causing this, or could it be more complicated like a crossed wire somewhere?
thanks for looking at this, and i hope someone can respond.

Old 08-05-07, 11:45 AM
B
why not run a new power line from fuse panel to radio that is on when you want it to?

Old 08-06-07, 04:58 PM
thanks

I had considered that, but thought there might be something simple to fix this before doing that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: